Sun | 9am | Grade 1| Maximum 25 walkers |$10
Many tales, both fact and fiction, will be told as you reimagine old Mangawhai.
On an enchanting stroll along Moir Street, you will hear about the busy commercial beginnings of Mangawhai over a century ago, once a centre of commerce involving kauri timber, gum, ship chandlery and supply stores. The wharf, the tavern, life in an estuary village and more, will be brought to life by your entertaining host Jo Roberts.
- Degree of difficulty: Easy walking largely flat terrain
- Grade 1: Max 25 walkers
- Equipment: Good walking shoes and water
- Transport: Walk from Domain
- Registration time: Sunday 9am
- Duration to/from Domain: 1.5hrs
- Cost: $10