Tanekaha Loop Track 4-5 hrs
This is a combination of three tracks, all of which can be walked separately and in either direction.
- Good fitness required.
- Tramping track so good boots/shoes needed.
- Take first aid kit and phone.
Absolutely NO DOGS – this is Kiwi Protection Zone
- Tanekaha Falls Track 1 1⁄2-2hrs return (short) or 3-4hrs return
- Langs View Track 2hrs return if entering from Cullen Road
- Tanekaha Forest Track 2hrs return
This complex includes two further walking tracks
- Puriri Track – branches off the Falls Track
- Botanical Track – can be entered from either the Falls or Forest tracks
All tracks are accessed from King Road, Mangawhai
Langs View Track (the Brynderwyn Ridge) can also be accessed from Cullen Road.
Drive to 300 King Road, right turn in and continue to the car park. Take the short walk to the stile. Climb over and continue around the fence-lined track to the swing bridge.
At the track signs take the Tanekaha Falls track to the left following the true right of the stream. The first waterfall (45 mins) is the short walk.
Continue up the hill following the stream and waterfalls to the Langs View track (the Brynderwyn ridge). This is the long waterfall walk (90 mins to two hours total). Note the kauri dam remains at the top of the steep section. Take care on the many stream crossings as boulders are slippery.
When you reach the ridge at the top of the track, turn right and follow the bush-lined wide Langs View track up and down hills for an hour. Do not go through the wooden “kissing gate” on the left. At the trig, look right for the Tanekaha Forest track sign.
All five walks are regularly part of the Mangawhai Walking Weekend but are easy to access all year round.