Sat | 9am | Grade 3| Maximum 35 walkers |$45
Discover the serenity and isolation of Tomarata and South Te Arai
Starting with a bus trip from the Mangawhai Domain, this mostly flat beautiful walk sets out from Lake Tomarata Reserve. Walking through the pine forest with the perimeter of the newly created Auckland Regional Park on one side and the Te Arai South Golf Links on the other, we pass by places of interest and emerge at the hub of the South course that includes Ric’s restaurant, the golf shop and 18-hole practice putting course. We traverse the golf course with glimpses of homes being constructed and development of the North course, yet to open. We continue to the pristine white sand beach of Te Arai South. Enjoy the isolation, wild waves and we may be lucky enough to glimpse some of the rare seabirds or dolphins.
The final leg of the walk is over the picturesque Te Arai Point Headland to Te Arai Beach North where the trip ends and our bus for the return to the Domain will be waiting.
Look out for the sea birds and the memorial seat as we return on the loop track.
- Degree of difficulty: Easy walking with a single climb onto the Te Arai headland.
- Grade 3: Max 35 walkers
- Equipment: Boots recommended but good walking shoes will be fine. Bring morning tea, lunch and water.
- Transport: Bus
- Registration time: Saturday 9am at the Domain
- Duration from/to Domain: 4hrs
- Cost: $45.00 (includes bus)