Discover the serenity and isolation of Tomarata before ending up at the remote and untouched South Te Arai (Forestry) beach. This mostly flat (except for a climb over the Te Arai headland) beautiful walk takes you from the Lake View Chalets with their clear view of the sand-lakes, Slipper and Spectacle, around Lake Tomarata through pine forest, and out to the southern section of Te Arai beach (aka Forestry) with its brilliant white sands, wild waves and isolation.
Look out for the sea birds and the memorial seat as we return on the loop track.
- Degree of difficulty: Easy walking with a single climb onto the Te Arai headland.
- Grade 3: Max 35 walkers
- Equipment: Boots recommended but good walking shoes will be fine. Bring morning tea, lunch and water.
- Transport: Bus
- Registration time: Saturday 8.45am
- Duration from/to Domain: 4hrs
- Cost: $45.00 (includes bus)